Wednesday, April 20, 2011

It's a nice day for a dice wedding

Lily woke up in a good mood this morning. I was checking my email when she popped out of bed and announced "I'm awake now!" We usually have to wrestle her out of bed and prod her for fifteen minutes before she's even willing to acknowledge us, so this was a rather pleasant change of pace. Since we had extra time this morning, we played in her room.

When she was younger, I bought her a bag of the famous Chessex pound of dice (mostly, so she would stop playing with mine) and we dug those out this morning. At first she wanted to "play the game" with the dice, and I told her that the player who rolled the highest won that particular round. We did that for a couple minutes, and then she noticed some of the miniature dice. She decided that they were baby dice and then we spent some time organizing them into dice families of a mommy, a daddy and a kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment