Monday, July 11, 2011

Another post about my weekend

I had an extremely nice weekend with Lily. Jen was off helping her mom with a yard sale, so Lily and I had some daddy-daughter time. We started the day with a little Scooby Doo and some Legion of Super Heroes. The second season is pretty weak, so I wasn't sure if she would enjoy it or not, but she dug the Karate Kid episode and loved the "Chained Lighting" episode. We watched it three times in a row, but I didn't mind, because it was pretty great. Lily is sometimes amazingly astute. She picked up on a flashback right away, and that's something even adults don't always notice.

After that, we took in a quick viewing of Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths. I didn't think that she was enjoying it, but when it was over she announced "I really liked that!" She had some funny comments. I was explaining Owlman to her. (He's the evil Batman from the parallel universe) I told her that and she said, "Oh, I get it, they both dress up like flying animals." Pause. "Why does he have an "O" on his shirt? Batman doesn't have a B." I was cheering for Owlman when they had their fight, but Lily got upset, so I started cheering for Batman instead. (This doesn't make me a Batman fan, though. He poops.)

Then we got in the car and headed up to Ye Olde Comic Book store. My old boss runs the place and I buy most of my stuff there still. Lily was a little shy around his girlfriend at first, but she's a really nice person and really great with kids. I looked away for a second and the next thing I know, Lily is saying to her, "Baby Bear wants to give you a kiss."

Most of the comics I bought were for Lily, some Scooby Doos, Tiny Titans and some of the Legion books we didn't have. We went home and Lily fell asleep in the car, but woke up when I was getting her out.

Eric invited us to hang out at his place, and Lily had a blast playing with his son and swimming in the pool.

On Sunday, Jen and Lily went to church while I played video games, then we went to Easton's Heritage Day festival. (The town celebrates Independence Day a week late, because the Declaration of Independence was read in the town square on July 8th, 1776)  We had a pretty decent time. Lily enjoyed the little moon bounce thing they had set up.

We went home, killed a little time, then dropped Lily off with Oma. Jen and I returned home and decided to watch The American President on Netflix. (We had run into some people from the ACLU at Heritage Day, and I always associate the organization with this movie.) It's pretty decent, but it's hard to enjoy it because Arron Sorkin stripmined everything from actors to dialogue for his later work on the West Wing.

No comments:

Post a Comment