Sunday, March 24, 2013

What do you drink when listening to Roger Zelazny?

I received an email the other day in reference to the Roger Zelazny drinking game.

And it's not as much a drinking game (I don't think anybody drinks while they read a book, after all) as it was an excuse to highlight what I saw as the recurring elements in Zelazny's work, in what was hopefully an entertaining and humorous fashion.

I wrote it, I amended it once or twice and didn't really think much about it until I got the email pointing out that if you enter "Roger Zelazny" on Drinkify, a site that recommends drinks based on what you're listening to, it suggests

 “The Roger Zelazny”

    6 oz. Chilli pepper Vodka

Serve neat. 

At first I thought that the site might just return something generic for any query not in the database, but when I tried the names of some people I know in real life, it directed me to a blank page, so it would appear that someone did actually enter Roger Zelazny in at one time.

So, now everyone knows what to sip when listening to those audiobooks.  In case you were wondering.

2 comments:

  1. I often drink tea while I'm reading. (I know that's not what you meant.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't even know what chili pepper vodka is, but six ounces seems like an awful lot of it.

    ReplyDelete