Sunday, May 5, 2013

Unnatural Creatures of Unspeakable Evil

I had an idea for a post and I was doing a little reading up for it while I was eating my breakfast. (The post will be "Could a Beholder take a Dalek?" if you're curious)

I was flipping through the book when Lily came rocketing down the stairs. "What are you reading?" she asked.

I showed her the back cover.


"Oh!" She said "Unnatural Creatures of Unspeakable Evil! Can I see?"

"Um, no. You're six years old." I put the book on the far side of the table.

Lily reached over and opened the book. "Oh! I like this picture!" (A mind flayer Elder Brain) "That looks weird!" (Gibbering mouther), "That looks cute!" (Hound of the gloom)

I took the book back. "It's cute now, but it's not going to seem cute at bedtime."

She sulked a little bit, but I think it's funny that I'm raising a kid who's first reaction to "Unnatural Creatures of Unspeakable Evil" is "Oh, can I see?"

No comments:

Post a Comment