Sunday, March 8, 2015

The Legend of Korra: Acceptance

I was looking through my RSS feed, when Lily came up and looked at the picture on the screen.



She asked "Are they gay?"

Now, a little background. There were some hints that the pair might be more than just friends throughout the final season of the series, but I mostly ignored them, figuring the creators were just having a bit of fun with the censors. After all this is a show that depicted the on-screen execution of an elderly woman, and yet could never quite bring its characters to say "killed." ("Zaheer 'took out' the Earth Queen!")

Consequently, I figured that this would be relegated to the realm of Josh's personal head-canon. At least until the final scene of the series finale.





That's not subtext. It's text. So that's pretty cool.

I said to Lily, "It looks that way. I think they love each other very much, and they're dating now."

Lily thought for a moment, and said, "I'm cool with that."

Good on her, and good on the creators of Korra.





No comments:

Post a Comment