Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Movies without bad guys

So, once a week , we have our Wacky Wednesday, where we have breakfast food for dinner, Lily takes an early bath and gets into jammies and then we all sit down on the couch to watch a movie together. We had 101 Dalmatians from Netflix and when I reminded Lily that's what we'd be watching, she said she wanted "Something without a bad guy."

I looked at Jen and she looked at me and said "Totoro it is," and that's what we'll watch tonight, but we're running out of movies, so I'm sending out the call for suggestions.

Lily's favorites include Mary Poppins and the Sound of Music, My Neighbor Totoro, Kiki's Delivery Service and Ponyo. (She watched most of Nausicaa too, and didn't get bothered until the Ohmu started going into the acid lake at the end). We've seen almost everything by Pixar and most of the Disney Princess movies. She likes Kim Possible, but Jen feels it's not really age appropriate, so I think we'll wait a while before we put that in regular rotation and she likes Strawberry Shortcake, and Dora the Explorer but Jen and I will flip out if we have to watch that again.

So, suggestions? We'd prefer something that can be streamed through Netflix, but that's not a deal breaker. Also high on the list is something that adults can tolerate (or preferably, enjoy).

No comments:

Post a Comment