Thursday, February 6, 2014

What Josh Reads

I've been jotting down the occasional note for a blog post, but I haven't fleshed out any of them to the point where I want to put them out there just yet. So, rather than be creative on my own, I thought I'd share a list of the blogs that I follow, kind of a "If you like 'Where there had been Darkness', you'll love 'Reversing the Polarity'!"

I follow a large number of blogs, broken down into the following categories:

  • Blogging: Entries in this category are generally people I know or wish I knew, and are similar in presentation to this blog, in that they are conversational in tone and may have a specific topic, but they cover items of personal interest as much as the official topic of the blog.
  • Comics: Comic book and superhero culture, which are increasingly separate things. 
  • Doctor Who: A couple of blogs looking at Doctor Who, new series and old.
  • Geekery: For items that are geeky, but not Doctor Who, Comic Books, RPGs or Video Games.
  • General: Any items that don't fit into other categories. 
  • Humor: Stuff that I find funny. 
  • Law: Legal issues, mostly the US Supreme Court.
  • Local: A couple website covering local news, both for where I live and where I work.
  • Politics: Politics, mostly national.
  • Role playing: Tabletop role-playing.
  • Science: Skeptical websites primarily. 
  • Video Games: Computer, console and MMORPG.
  • Web Comics: I don't read a lot of web comics, but I think they're an interesting form of expression, and they're so uniquely what they are that I gave them their own category. 

In the coming days, I'll look at the blogs in each category and briefly discuss why they appeal to me. I welcome any comments about blogs you follow too!

No comments:

Post a Comment