Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Den of Geek reports Roger Zelazny's Lord of Light optioned as a television series



Den of Geek reports that Lord of Light has been optioned as a television series.  I'm skeptical that it will go anywhere. I don't think Lord of Light will work as a TV series in 2017. If you include the mythical elements, it's going to look an awful lot like cultural appropriation from today's perspective, and I don't think it's unreasonable that a lot of people will be offended.

Immortal Beloved went the opposite route for their adaptation. They reskinned the story using Greek Mythology, but the plot wasn't a very good fit, as reincarnation isn't a component of  Greek mythology, so that aspect of the story played a bit awkwardly.  (I still love that there is a Doctor Who adaptation of a Roger Zelazny story, though.)

My guess is that it never gets made, or if it does get made, we don't see much beyond a pilot.

No comments:

Post a Comment