Thursday, March 24, 2011

A short post with a picture

We watched Scooby Doo and the Loch Ness Monster. Every Scooby Doo adventure is pretty much the same as every other one, but this outing gave the guest actors a chance to break out their outlandish Scottish accents.

So, when we went down to breakfast this morning, Lily grabbed her Superboy action figure and a big plastic shamrock and said "I'm going to pretend that I'm a supervillain and I'm celebrating Saint Patrick's Day by tying up Superman to a giant chunk of kryptonite shaped like a shamrock." Jen is raising a very strange child. She was pretending her oreo was a supervillain last night.



I didn't really have enough material for a blog post, and I was thinking about how I could stretch out this post when my mp3 player decided it wanted to set  itself to random play, which it sometimes does if the headphones are jostled in just the right way. I've got over 12 GB of stuff on there, so it's an insane mix. I decided to let it play to see what I'd get. Here are the first thirty tracks I got.

  1. Random song off the Robotech soundtrack
  2. Random song off the Robotech score
  3. Human Wheels by John Mellancamp
  4. A track of Patton Oswalt's stand up Werewolfs and Lollipops
  5. A song by Anamanaguchi off the Scott Pilgrim video game soundtrack
  6. Everything's Alright by Kimya Dawson
  7. Waterloo Sunset by Robyn Hitchcock
  8. Ramona (Acoustic) off the Scott Pilgrim versus the World movie sountrack
  9. Side 3 of to Die in Italbar (I skipped this one)
  10. We hate you, please die by Crash and the Boys off the Scott Pilgrim versus the World movie sountrack
  11. This American Life #199: House on Loon Lake (skipped)
  12. A remix of Transylvania Concubine by Raspuntina
  13. Here comes Science by They Might Be Giants
  14. Way Down the Line by the Offspring
  15. Bookends by Simon & Garfunkle
  16. Death to All Hipsters off the Scott Pilgrim versus the World movie score
  17. Seeing Other People by Belle & Sebastian
  18. Remember that I Love you by Kimya Dawson
  19. Like Rasputin by Amy Rigby
  20. He's Not a Boy by the Like
  21. Human Wheels again
  22. Le Pastie de la Bourgeoisie by Belle & Sebastian
  23. This is Halloween off the Nightmare before Christmas Soundtrack
  24. Oh Maria! by Seawolf (excellent song)
  25. Outtakes from the Popful Mail video game
  26. San Francisco by Me First and the Gimme Gimmes (I'm surprised that it took this long to get to a song by this band, considering I've got just about everything they released on my player)
  27. Part one Damnation Alley audiobook (skipped)
  28. Endless World off the Dragon Quest Symphonic Suite (by the London Philharmonic!)
  29. W*O*L*D by Harry Chapin
  30. Somehow a Frog Finds a Pond by Lunch Money

No comments:

Post a Comment