Thursday, April 2, 2015

Roger Zelazny Poetry Month 2015: Day 2

You may have noticed that the title for these pieces reads "Roger Zelazny Poetry", as opposed to the Roger Zelazny Haiku they've been in previous years. That's because I'm branching out to other forms of poetry, due in large part to the fact that I don't think I have enough material this year for an entire month of haiku. (I think the argument could be made that I didn't actually have enough material last year either...)

And thus, I give you the grandest, the most elegant, the most sophisticated form of poetry known to man, the limerick:

There once was a prince name of Corwin,
And the last thing he'd want would be more kin,
He and his brother 
try to kill one another
much to their father's chagrin.

No comments:

Post a Comment